Thursday, January 29, 2009

My New Obsession

Róisín Murphy
Ms. Murphy has been rocking my world lately. Her music is so freaking cool and she's not too shabby either. Her style blows my mind. So retro its modern. Techno/nu-jazz/lounge-punk cabaret. I describe her music as what would happen if Sade started partying with Bjork and Grace Jones, and then got impregnated by David Bowie. That baby would be Róisín's music.



Flawless. Flawless. Flawless!

















I wonder if she cares that Lady GaGa has been totally ripping off her style. Probably not. It comes with the territory.















































I'm not saying I don't like Lady GaGa. Any badass Italian New York/New Jersey girl who carries a disco stick and never wears pants is OK in my book. She reminds me of my old roommate Nicole (minus the no-pants and drag queen wig). The GaGa vision is fun. And that white origami dress is so freaking cool. Apparently she makes all her own clothes. Go GaGa Go!


LISTEN NOW!


Listen to my favorite Lady Gaga song.
It sounds like Gwen Stefani mated with the Scissor Sisters.


Listen to my favorite Róisín Murphy song.
It sounds like a good time mated with an awesome time!

No comments: