Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Wedding Bliss

This weekend my Boyfriend and I attended his step cousin Missy's wedding in Mogadore, Ohio. And even though we got terribly lost on the way there, (thanks to the fact that his mom gave us the wrong address for his aunt and uncle's house) the wedding and the entire weekend were both ridiculously fun and extremely too short!

I've been to two weddings in the past nine months, but I was a bridesmaid in both, so it was nice to just go and enjoy the free food and open bar. There was nothing for me to worry about except how to get as many hors d'orves as possible to fit on one of those little plates and then which wine to try next. The food was excellent, I met a lot of my boyfriend's relatives, and then proceeded to tear up the dance floor until midnight when they practically had to kick us all out. I did the cha-cha slide, the electric slide, and anything else I could to prove that I am the whitest girl in America. I also enjoyed the surprise performance by the groom's little brother's band--it was a nice, personal touch.

I was excited to learn that the happy couple were actually high school sweethearts. The ceremony was even held at the Catholic church where they both went to high school. They started dating during their junior year and now, 10 years later, they finally got married. She is a nurse and he is a spine and neck technician (he holds the spine and keeps it safe during neck and back surgery--I know, "wow!")

Here are a few pictures from the big day.

The colors were white, green and yellow. I loved the tables and the centerpieces. It was very classy and elegant, yet unpretentious.
At the reception, your place card was attached to a cute light green box with party favors inside. Chocolate bars customized with the bride and groom's name and wedding date--Yum!
The centerpieces all varied in size and arrangement type. Ours was HUGE, which made it kinda hard to talk to the people across the table.
The cake was yummy. It was the first time that I actually ate cake at a wedding. I don't know why, but I always seem to miss out. Not this time though---I snagged two slices to make up for lost time!

No comments: