Monday, June 9, 2008

A Good View

I spent the weekend at my parent's house. Here's a taste of how I spent my time.
I've been living in Baltimore for awhile now, and I definitely enjoy escaping "city-life" and returning to my laid-back hometown on the Eastern Shore of Maryland.
Each time I visit, it gets harder to leave and every trip reminds me how lucky I am to have grown up in such a beautiful setting.
Here are 8 things I love about going home:

1. The Drive...as long as there's no traffic! It's a great way to clear my head and enjoy some good music. Almost There!!
2. The Dinners. On this particular night we had grilled striped bass, steamed clams, homemade honey-oat bread, fresh spinach salads with toasted walnuts, dried cranberries, and of course, lots of tomatoes and Peach Wine! Everything was FRESH and everything was WONDERFUL!
3. The Grillmaster. Watching my dad in his element is always a treat. Here he is chillin' and grillin' in style.
4. New Projects. Maybe I should have offered to help, but I had so much fun supervising my dad as he worked on expanding the patio. In this picture he was pulling up with a truckload of stone.
5. Flowers and Folliage. Too bad I didn't inherit my mom's green thumb. All my plants are fake.
6. Fresh Strawberries. You can pick them up at any one of the many roadside produce stands. Convenient and delicious.
7. Watersports. Here my dad is taking a break from mowing the lawn to throw out a few casts with his fly rod. He didn't catch anything, but at least he looked cool doing it.
8. DUKE DOG! Born to entertain, and an excellent cuddle-buddy, my sister and I agree, Duke is the little brother that we never had.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope Uncle Don had a great Father's Day!!! It looks like he was in his glory - grilling and fishing.